Cloud Operations Consultant
The Cloud Operations Consultant is a key role in growing our Cloud Operations team. This role involves working alongside other Cloud Operations team members on day-to-day management of the third party hosted cloud environment, including provisioning new customer systems, monitoring the infrastructure and developing tools for automating deployment and upgrades. This aspect of the role will build into a wider dev-ops opportunity as the PRISYM ID Cloud platform evolves to become the primary market offering and you will be expected to contribute to the design and architecture of the infrastructure to ensure reliability, serviceability and availability levels are maintained. The role involves building strong relationships with cloud providers, liaising with them on all operational and resource management aspects.
The role also involves managing cloud infrastructure related customer issues and engagement with customers where necessary to address platform problems. Further customer interaction will be required to assist in deployments as part of the wider professional services team and to manage customer liaison to schedule platform upgrades or scheduled maintenance.
This role is critical to the success of the expanding Cloud / SaaS business at PRISYM ID. Reporting directly to the VP Cloud Operations, the role offers a high degree of autonomy and scope for initiative. The incumbent has an opportunity to develop the role into a platform for expanding their career within the organisation.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Day to day operation of the Cloud environment, managing the Cloud platform and upgrades.
- Third line support for Cloud infrastructure issues; managing the Cloud Operations support queue with other Cloud Ops team members, email and telephone assistance as appropriate, performing problem investigation / verification, liaison with cloud provider and Development to identify solutions and / or workarounds, providing customer feedback and updates, closing calls.
- Ensuring accurate and complete recording of issues in the RemedyForce support application.
- Implementing a feedback loop to Development from infrastructure monitoring and usage metrics.
- Managing temporary infrastructures where resources may be required for short term work.
- Assisting in development of procedures and tools for reliable operation of the Cloud platform including monitoring, automated provisioning, implementing system upgrades and performing Installation Qualifications for new customers.
- Identifying/proposing general enhancements to the cloud set-up.
- Keeping abreast of technology changes and security issues, maintaining awareness of options for improving delivery of Cloud services and contributing to platform improvements.
- Conform with the PRISYMID quality procedures.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Required platform and infrastructure skills:
- Experience in managing and understanding Cloud based SaaS offerings and concepts (private / public / hybrid cloud).
- Expertise with cloud platforms such as MS Azure, AWS and Google Cloud.
General infrastructure awareness (networks, load balancing, systems management).
- Experience working in a DevOps environment.
- Microsoft stack experience (Windows Server, IIS, SQL Server 2012).
General knowledge of Internet security concepts and web-based applications.
- Experience dealing with external suppliers.
- Support and professional services skills:
- Logical approach to diagnostics and problem solving.
- Strong customer facing skills in a support role.
- The ability to balance the demands of multiple clients simultaneously.
- Knowledge of Helpdesk systems and procedures within an ITIL or similar environment.
- Documentation skills:
- Ability to write clearly and concisely with a good attention to detail and quality
- Communication & personal skills:
- Communicate effectively and professionally with customers, manager, colleagues and suppliers.
- Follow prescribed processes precisely and understand implications of regulatory requirements.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and remain focused under pressure.
- Recognised qualification in a computer/numerate subject.
- Background or experience in IT operations, Cloud infrastructure management and enterprise software technical deployments.