PRISYM ID provides label, artwork and content management solutions to the pharmaceutical and medical device industry sectors. These comprise modern, enterprise-class software applications using the latest, standards-based technologies and programming frameworks.
Based in the global headquarters, the product management function is responsible for managing the end-to-end lifecycle of the product portfolio. The Product Manager takes responsibility for understanding specific market sectors, industry drivers or opportunities, and for developing strategies to address these effectively. These will usually comprise the development of new or existing software products and propositions. The Product Manager is responsible for ensuring market and customer requirements are captured and documented accurately, and for conveying the prioritised requirements effectively to Development and Delivery teams.
They will lead virtual teams in the design, costing, development and market launch of these software products, being responsible for bringing these to market on time and budget.
Once released, the Product Manager works closely with Sales and Marketing teams to ensure the product propositions are clear, compelling and communicated effectively, both internally and externally.
The Product Manager is expected to take ownership of both new and already underway product development projects, to manage and to deliver these successfully against targets.
- Take ownership of assigned product development and product management projects / initiatives, being self-sufficient in their successful delivery to stakeholder expectations or targets.
- Perform market research and analysis in target industry sectors, to identify market opportunities, trends and drivers.
- Develop and gain agreement for product strategies and product positioning which will address these market opportunities effectively.
- Identify, collate and manage the specific market and customer requirements for the resulting new products or product enhancements.
- Prioritise requirements for inclusion in each product release, and to gain stakeholder agreement and investment approval on release contents and timescales.
- Utilise the product life cycle process to deliver and launch products and services to market, on time and budget, to support the agreed product strategies and roadmap.
- Manage products in life to ensure their ongoing success in terms of market share, customer satisfaction and financial performance.
- Enable the sales and marketing teams to be effective by being a market and product authority /subject matter expert, and aid in the creation of appropriate product documentation, sales tools and collateral.
- Remain up to date on market trends, regulatory changes and competitive alternatives, and to adjust product strategies and roadmaps accordingly.
- Be a subject matter expert on the functionality, features and design of the software products within PRISYM ID’s portfolio.
- Attend customer meetings to assist with sales opportunities and to obtain customer input and feedback on products and services.
- Where applicable, manage relationships 3rd party technology partners and suppliers.
- Manage the end-of-life activities for products as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Experience of being responsible for bringing new B2B software products to market by following a product lifecycle process /New Product Introduction process.
- Experience of leading cross-functional teams in the design and delivery of products in a collaborative manner.
- Experience of being a subject matter expert for an enterprise software application.
- Experience of capturing, analysing and prioritising user needs accurately.
- Experience of working with software developers to explain requirements and to reach effective design decisions.
- Experience of creating product investment business cases and gaining their approval.
- Experience of generating sales tools and product collateral.
- Experience of developing marketing and product marketing programmes.
- Knowledge of product pricing strategies and models.
- Experience of enterprise buying cycles and buyer personas.
- Experience of developing software product licensing and support contracts.
Additional desirable knowledge, skills or experience:
- Experience of clinical trial or medical device industries.
- Ability to demonstrate software to diverse audiences.
- Experience of product managing complex, data-oriented software products.
- Experience of managing complex, extended duration projects.
- Experience of managing software requirements backlogs and Agile methodologies.
- Experience of UX/UI methodologies and best practices.
- Previous experience working for a company delivering software solutions with a regulated industry, clinical research particularly advantageous.
- Previous experience of content management or regulatory software.
- Previous experience working for a company delivering global solutions.
- Experience of working with external technology partners and suppliers.
- Ability to deliver presentations to large groups at trade shows, events, webinars and similar.
- A qualification in a business or technology subject.
- Background or experience in software product management.